Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm Back

Something must have went haywire on Blogger because it would not let me log in for a few days. I realized tonight that I missed blogging, so I figured I give it another try and...bingo! I'm back in. Cool.

So much has transpired since I last blogged. I've left my old company, Syn-Mar Associates, for which I was a senior commercial real estate appraiser for 12 years. In mid-January I was offered, and I accepted, a new position as a securities broker for Westmoore Securities. Technically I'm not a broker until I pass the daunting General Securities Examination (AKA Series 7), which I intend to take in late March. It's reputed to be an extremely difficult examination with just a 30% pass rate on the first try. So, I have my work cut out for me.

I've been studying the exam material everyday for the past 2 weeks. Well, almost. Today I tended to my youngest daughter who has been suffering excruciating abdominal pain for the past couple of days. I called a friend who's mother is a nurse and the consensus of all involved was that it's probably just a bad case of gas. But it doesn't seem to be letting up.
If she wakes up tomorrow and is still suffering, I'll take her to the emergency room. It's awful when a precious little child is in pain and you are helpless to relieve them.

I've really enjoyed my new schedule--being home studying, having some time with my wife, and being there when the kids get home from school. But, I cannot relax until I've achieved my goal of passing the test. It's the only dark cloud on the horizon. Once that's behind me, I'm ready for the next chapter of my life to begin. It should be fun!

2 comments:

Myke said...

Yeah, I couldn't log on to blogspot for a few days. Glad to see you're back up and running.

Glad to see Emma is feeling better too (or so Cher tells me). Give her a hug from Dara and I.

And in between all that studying, you'll have to squeeze in a little time for BJ (that's BJ Novak... what were YOU thinking?) and maybe a little "there will be blood."

LTA said...

You got it, man. I'm looking forward to it.