Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's a Wonderful (Busy) Life

Can life get any busier? I hope not. Everyday it's something else.

This weekend Mike's fiancee Dara stayed with us while she was interviewing for jobs and looking for an apartment. She and Mike found a nice apartment in Irvine. Hopefully, she will land a job down in that area. I think they're relieved that they have a place to live after the wedding in May.

Last night we were supposed to have dinner with Kathryn and Alan Scott and their two young daughters, Emily and Sophie. The Scotts are wonderful people here on sabbatical from Ireland. Kathryn is an amazing songwriter who, along with her husband, pastors a church of 700 in northern Ireland. Unfortunately, Sophie came down with a fever and they couldn't come over. They're leaving Thursday, so we probably won't get to see them before they go.

Instead, Cherie and I ended up signing loan docs for a re-fi on our house (real exciting). In the meantime squeals of excitement were heard from outside. Our 6-year-old boy was laughing and cheering his soon-to-be 4-year-old sister, who succeeded at learning to ride her bike without training wheels. She was so proud of herself she even said "I'm proud of myself," while smiling from ear to ear.

Tonight is my other brother-in-law Eddie's 35th birthday. So, my family and I had dinner with him and his family. It was a nice time.

It is so busy, but most of it is really good stuff. We're definately blessed and thankful, but I know Cherie and I sure are tired. This weekend will be pretty full, too. I'm hosting a poker game Friday night; Ryan and Rissa's wedding is Saturday; Donna is having a C-Section Sunday for her new daughter, Isabella; and I lead worship at church on Sunday night. I'm looking forward to our family vacation to Hawaii, 3-1/2 weeks from now.

No comments: