Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Lost Wages -- Not

The Vegas trip was lots of fun. The house we stayed at was big (nearly 5,000 SF) and really nice. It had a great pool and spa, which we spent lots of time in. The kids absolutely loved it. We spent Saturday afternoon at the Venetian, shopping and eating lunch. The wait for the food was outrageously long, but my salmon plate was phenomenal.

Saturday night I went back to the Venetian to play some poker. I put my name on the waiting list for no-limit Texas Hold 'em. It was very busy, so I had about an hour to kill . While waiting, I noticed a female professional poker player that I'd seen on TV, who was playing at one of the tables. Eventually, I saw a sign announcing a poker tournament that started that evening at 8:30 p.m. (it was about 9:30 p.m., so I missed the entry cut-off). That night they were taping the pilot episode of PPL, Professional Poker League--a new weekly tournament that will be televised from the Venetian. Reportedly, there were 64 of the world's best poker players in attendance that night, who were separated into 8 teams of 8 players each. I saw +/-20 of them (they wore shirts saying PPL) and recognized about half of them, including Daniel Negreanu, Todd Brunson and Scotty Nguyen. It was pretty interesting.

I ended up winning $535 that night, which paid for the weekend. It was a really fun trip.

No comments: