Saturday, April 14, 2007

If Only She Knew

I finally mixed "If Only She Knew," which is a song I wrote a couple of years ago. I recorded Wade playing the drums on it during the "Running Out Of Time" session in August 2006. I figured I'd record the rest of the tracks shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, a few days later most of my guitar equipment was stolen and I wasn't able to finish it like I'd hoped.

Over the last several months I've been buying new guitar equipment and a couple of weeks ago I decided to record the bass, guitar, rhodes piano, and vocals over Wade's old drum tracks. If you go here, you'll hear the result. Thanks to Wade and Bobby for the assist with pro-tools. Also, thanks to Myke and Darren, who are awesome guitar players and, along with Bobby and Wade, inspirational musicians.

I'm still very new at using pro-tools, so it's not perfect. But, drop me a line and tell me how you like it.

3 comments:

Myke said...

Great song! But like I said, we need "This could end badly" and "Miss Understanding."

LTA said...

I've got some scratch tracks for Miss Understanding, but haven't started them yet for This Could End Badly. Unfortunately, this will probably be a pretty busy week, so I don't suspect I'll get to it for a bit.

I definitely want to do it as soon as possible, though. It was really fun working on the mix on Saturday.

Cherbear said...

Hey gorgeous, I really love the song! You did an incredible job!!! Love, Cher