Sunday, December 11, 2005

Today's Christmas Play

I took part in a church Chistmas play today that, despite my reservations early on, turned out to be lots of fun. The play was about a man caught up in the materialism of the holidays who, with the help of three ghosts (sound familiar?) comes to realize the true meaning of Christmas. The drama featured a rock band made up of church members that interspersed stragically-selected songs to amplify a particular point being made. The songs ranged from Blondie's, One Way or Another and Jefferson Airplane's, Don't You Want Somebody to Love, to traditional hymns and a rousing rendition of O Happy Day, which featured a brilliant performance by Sarah Mahon who fronted the choir.

I sang Changes by David Bowie and Maybe I'm Amazed (also the title of the presentation) by Paul McCartney. I've been fighting a cold/flu and was sub-par during Saturday's practice. But, I spent a lot of time warming up this morning and felt really good about the performance. Lots of people applauded and encouraged me afterward, which was really nice. My friends and I had so much fun singing together.

No comments: