Sunday, June 18, 2006

They Say It's Your Birthday

Today is Paul McCartney's 64th birthday, a significant date for the former Beatle because of his classic song,"When I'm 64," written when he was just 16 years old.

Paul is a living legend and one of my musical idols. He has had a huge influence on my songwriting. His music has enriched my life and the lives of millions of fans.

Born a poor young country boy-Mother Nature's son. All day long I'm sitting singing songs for everyone.

It's humbling and awe-inspiring to hear the gift of music God granted Paul. I'm thankful that he has shared that gift with the world for the past 40+ years.

Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?

We do still need you, Paul. Happy Birthday to you. And many happy returns.

1 comment:

Dayray said...

I can't believe the first some he wrote was "Love Me Do"...craziness!

Happy Birthday, Paul!