Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Belated Halloween Post

Halloween was really fun with the kids. My oldest decided to dress up as a baby, ironically. The second child, an avid animal lover, was a monkey. Little Man was "Dash" from The Incredibles, which was also quite appropriate, as those of you who know him can attest. And, of course, there was Princess "M." I know I'm biased, but I have to say my kids are beautiful, even in weird make-up and costumes.

On Saturday night we took the kids to the church-sponsored Harvest Festival, which has lots of bounce houses, games, slides, rock climbing, a band, and food, among other things. The kids enjoyed that tremendously. On Halloween evening, they trick-or-treated in our neighborhood and "M" had the most fun of all, absolutely marveling that people would load her up with candy while telling her how beautiful she was. I guess it doesn't get much better than that when you're a 3-year-old girl (I've never been one, so I don't know).

Of course, Little Man got in trouble for sneaking candy before bed. So, that was a bummer. But, the next morning, the wife reported, in utter amazement I might add, that the kids had spent the morning happily trading candies and making deals without a single harsh word. Astonishing!

No comments: