Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Most Liberal City...

is reportedly Detroit. I've never been there myself, but am underwhelmed by what I've heard from friends and family who have. Presumably, if this city votes heavily liberal, then liberal politicians would be in charge, right? So, why is it in such bad shape? Initially I wanted to give Detroit the benefit of the doubt and attribute its ills to, perhaps, political corruption or some other extenuating circumstance. However, the study goes on to say that Gary, Indiana, is the second-most liberal city. If I'm not mistaken, Gary is also in extremely bad shape and was once the murder capital of the country (only to be eclipsed a couple years ago by Washington D.C., which is also extremely liberal). Could this be the result of wrong-headed leftist policy? Probably not entirely (to be fair), but it seems to me that their politicians have got to have some culpability. Food for thought.

http://www.washtimes.com/upi/20050811-072804-4191r.htm

No comments: