Monday, August 22, 2005

Slip-up on Fox News

I was watching an interview on Sunday involving parents of two soldiers who died in Iraq . One was a man who had lost a son, saying that Cindy Sheehan didn't represent his views on the war. The other was a woman who was more sympathetic to Sheehan's views. As the moderator threw it to the mother for the final word, she said (I'm paraphrasing) that she couldn't understand why the Iraqis don't get off their butts and start taking responsibility for their country, and start taking IUDs instead of the American forces. Presumably, she was thinking about IEDs--a military acronym for Improvised Explosive Device--and not this contraption. My wife didn't hear what the mother had said, and she looked at me oddly as I started laughing hysterically at the TV set (especially considering the solemn subject). I'll see if I can't track down the video.

No comments: