Saturday, August 13, 2005

A Nice Evening

Steve and Cindy Rethmeier came over for dinner last night. Those of you who know the Rethmeiers know that it was a great time. It was extra special because the Rethmeiers had coordinated with my wife to surprise me with a new set of top-of-the-line pots and pans for cooking (my friends at The Scrutiny would be proud). Steve is a great cook (along with being my boss) and Cindy is a phenomenal baker and cook, as well. They gave Cherie and I a lesson on making a simple, but delicious chicken, rice and green beans dinner, complete with special sauces using a number of different herbs and spices. Then we had a few bottles of wine and talked into the night. It was a very nice evening.

5 comments:

J@VLG said...

Way to go. Sounds like a good time. What kind of pans did you get? More importantly, what wines did you have?

J

LTA said...

They got me a set of "All Clad" pots and pans, which are really cool. The main wine I had was that Belle Ponte Pinot Noir I got from Wine Exchange. Wish you guys were there.

J@VLG said...

Belle "Pente" or Ponte as you call it, is one of the best wine producers in Oregon.

Jason

Brock Shinen, Esq. said...

Was the chicken, rice and beans dish a combo, like a casserole or something else?

LTA said...

It was a combo. A simple meal, but delicious. I'm keeping an eye on your blog for new recipes to try!